Monday, July 9, 2012

The Best French Bread Pizza...Ever.

French Bread pizza is one of my absolute favs.
My love for it started a long, long time ago when I was having a sleep over at a friends' house.
Her mom made us French Bread pizza pretty much every time, but I wasn't complaining because it was good.
Fast forward to today. Hubby said he wanted pizza for dinner, only it's Monday, and I hate starting out my week not cooking [I know I'm so, so weird].
Anyway, so while I'm making my rounds at the commissary, I smell the fresh baking bread as soon as I walk in. I immediately think of French Bread pizza.
I stroll over to the racks to see tons of fresh french bread, and just a few loaves left of fresh garlic bread.
My mouth starts watering immediately. This is how I knew it was a great idea.
I finish my shopping, getting enough food for the rest of the week, and head home.
I'm literally thinking about this pizza all day long.
Even to the point where I exercised for longer than normal, just so I would feel less guilty about it.
And then I get a call from Aaron saying he was on his way home.
AKA time to start dinner.
Look at this perfection:
I swear this picture doesn't even do it justice.
 There are not enough words in the English language for me to describe how amazing this was [delicious + cheap + easy, what more can you ask for?]. In fact, we're most likely not going to be getting delivery any time soon.
The best pepperoni, ever.


We paired it with a salad, and I know I've used this phrase do describe pretty much everything in this post, but this is seriously the best dressing....ever.

Are you drooling yet?
Here's how you can make you're own. You're welcome.

1 loaf of fresh French Garlic Bread
1 can [or jar] of Pizza Sauce
1 8 oz bag of Mozzarella Provolone Blend Cheese
1 bag Pepperoni [I chose the kind made for sandwiches, bc I like it better]
Other toppings optional [I prefer my pizza 'plain' i.e. sauce, pepperoni, cheese. The Hubs likes his loaded..
olives, mushrooms, jalapenos. You name it, he will eat in on his pizza.]

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. It's very important that you do this first so it will be very hot when you put the pizza in [unless you like soggy bread]The bread should already be cut in half length wise, so just cut it in half width wise. Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick spray & place the bread crust side down. Spread as much [or as little!] of the pizza sauce on the bread. Cover with as much cheese as you like. Add as many pepperoni slices as you want [I used 3 per piece, using a total of 12]. Add any other toppings & then sprinkle just a tad more cheese on top to hold everything in place. Stick it in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
This easily feeds 4 people. Possibly more if you also fill them up with salad!

If you try this, and I know you will, let me know how it works out for you!
Enjoy!

2 comments:

erika said...

That sounds sooooo good!

Ashley said...

ooo, this sounds amazing!!! will have to try it!