Sunday, May 20, 2012

While I'm Away; A Fave Recipe


Since I'm currently overwhelmed with the moving process, I asked a few lovely ladies to guest post for me. Each day they will be sharing with you something they enjoy! So without further ado [don't miss me too much ;)]
------------------------------

Hello Awesome Bloggers!! 

I hope you are all having a wonderful week. I heard Jamie needed some people to do a guest post for she is in the process of moving and we ALL know how difficult that is so I'm so excited she is letting me do a guest post. Without further ado I will tell you a little bit about me.
 My name is Stephanie I'm 24 eeekkkk I feel so old. I am a mother to a Fur baby and my husband at times when he acts up haha only joking. My husband is in the Army and we are stationed here in good ole Colorado my husband and I were both raised in Panama City,FL man do we miss the ocean. But its not to bad here just a little cold during the winter and well ok I can't lie its cold all the time here. When my friends and I get together we try to trade recipes and if any of you like soups when its cold out I PROMISE you will LOVE this soup.(We cook it at least once every two weeks) yeah its that delicious..Its called Chicken Enchilada Soup and you can cook it on top of the stove or in a crock pot my personal opinion is do the CROCK POT I think it turns out better. But to each its own. 
Below I have copied the recipe to share with you all. PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW YOU LIKE IT. I have also posted a picture of it in the crock pot. 

Thank you Jamie for letting me guest post I hope your move goes smoothly.
You can catch me over at Army Wife On A Mission. 

Chicken Enchilada Soup

3 cups chicken stock
2 skinless, chicken breast
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp ancho chili powder
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
4-6 jalapeno peppers, minced
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 large onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
2 cups frozen corn
1/2 cup tomato paste
8 oz cotija cheese, crumbled
8 oz pepperjack cheese, divided
1 cup cilantro, chopped
Tortilla chips

In a large Dutch oven or stockpot, add chicken stock and heat over medium heat. Add chicken breasts, cumin, chili powder, and cayenne pepper. Simmer about 20-25 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken and set aside. Add tomatoes, jalapenos, bell pepper, onion, and garlic to the pot. Simmer about 30 minutes, covered until tomatoes have begun to break down. Add black beans, corn, and tomato paste and stir to incorporate. Add cotija cheese and half of the pepperjack cheese and stir to melt. Return chicken to soup and cook about 20 more minutes until desired consistency. 
If soup isn't as thick as desired, you can add strips of flour tortillas. They will dissolve into the soup to thicken the broth. Add cilantro, reserving some to top individual bowls if desired. Ladle into serving bowls and top with crushed tortilla chips, reserved pepperjack cheese and cilantro if desired.


Love
Stephanie

No comments: