Wednesday, May 23, 2012

While I'm Away, Another Recipe ;)


Y'all know I love a good recipe! So here is Mrs. Duh letting us know how to spice it up ;)
--------------------------
I’m Mrs. Duh from The Misadventures of Mrs. Duh. I’m an Air Force Wife, graduate student, Crossfit newbie, and all-around quirky gal. One thing that I love to do is find delicious, healthy recipes! I’m happy to be guest blogging on This Is Me; Consequently, so I can share one of my favorites!

This is a recipe that was given to me by my mother, who is an avid Crockpot cooker. She is one of the busiest women I know, so the Crockpot always serves her well. It allows you to make delicious meals and not waste too much time in the kitchen. Mango Habanero Pork Chops are no exception! This recipe requires very little hands on preparation and tastes amazing! I know it has “habanero” in the title, but don’t be scared… it’s not too spicy!
Here is the recipe:

Mango Habanero Pork Chops

Ingredients:
-          4 boneless pork chops
-          1 habanero pepper, finely chopped (for less heat, don’t add the seeds)
-          1 small onion, chopped
-          ½ cup ketchup
-          1 Tbsp. brown sugar
-          15 oz. canned mangoes with syrup (I use Sunfresh brand, they are in a glass jar and usually found in the produce section… if you can’t find mangoes, canned peaches work well)

Directions:
1. Place pork chops in slow cooker. Poke a few holes in each with a fork.
2.  Mix all other ingredients in a bowl, coarsely mash the mangoes with a fork (you want big chunks), and pour over pork chops.
3. Cook on low for 5-6 hours.
4. Shred pork in slow cooker with a fork.
5. Serve over white or brown rice.
6. Enjoy!

Serves 4; Calories - 345; Fat – 13.1g; Carbs – 13.5g; Protein – 40.8g

No comments: