Thursday, June 10, 2010

30 days of me::Happy



Day 7: A photo that makes you happy




This is me making my very first snow angel, ever.

Something else that makes me happy?

The fact that I quit my job.
Yea, I know. It's the recession. I should have stuck with it no matter what.
But, there are two things that I hold true to.
1. Treat others the way you want to be treated in return.
2. Life is too short to be miserable.
I'd rather be poor and happy than rich and sad.
I'm not going to get into the situation here, but it was a spur of the moment thing.
It was a bunch of little things that added up, and last night they put the nail into the coffin and I was done. No two week notice, nothing. I know this could possibly come back and bite me in the butt later on down the road, but sometimes....you just gotta do what you gotta do.

4 comments:

Sara Strand said...

Did you throw the visor at them? Please tell me you went out in a blaze of glory. At least you threw some marinara sauce right??

Good for you anyways. It feels great doesn't it? :)

You can come north and visit me anytime November-April and we can do snow angels all day. It's pretty much the only winter/snow related thing I like except sliding.

Jenn said...

I completely support your decision! Congratulations on following your gut :-)

Cassie said...

Yeah I agree with Sara, they at least needed a punch in the face or something before you left :) love you.

Mr O said...

I feel like I need a back story. And hopefully you did something epic on your way out