Friday, June 18, 2010

30 days of me:: fancy schmancy

Day 12: Whatever tickles your fancy

Let's talk about Date Night.
And no, I don't mean the movie.
As a couple, especially a married couple, it is SO important to have date nights.
Everyone needs a chance to relax, eat good food, let loose, and have fun.
Our date nights used to consist of going out to eat, going to a movie, and sometimes we'd stop and get ice cream afterward.
Since we implemented a budget, we aren't going out as often, but it doesn't mean we can't have a great time together.

Let me introduce to you the
Date Night on a Budget.

I made us Filet Mignon with Balsamic Syrup & Goat cheese, baked potatoes, and freshly steamed spinach.

After dinner, we watched the Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus.



For a sweet ending to our night, I made a gooey toffee butter cake, straight from a Paula Deen recipe. Amazing!

And, we were able to only spend $12 to get everything we needed.
What do you do for date night?

6 comments:

Sara Strand said...

I usually fall asleep. I actually don't like spending a ton of time with Matt because we don't think the same things are funny anymore. So that sucks. But if we HAD to spend time together it's going out to dinner. We can only get a sitter for a max of two hours usually (we only have my mom to do it) so that limits what we can do. And we've never considered at home dates because he doesn't think it's the same thing. *sigh*

Oh the OTHER hand...the cake is FAB! I love me some Paula Deen. Are you her friend on FB? There are a ton of recipes on there. I got one for a chicken salad that looks super good. I'll be trying it out on the 4th of July. :)

Jaime Hungry said...

Wow I feel SO out of the loop, I've never heard of this movie. And it has my favorite actor in it, and it's obviously not that new since Heath Ledger is in it.

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm a new follower. I found you from Musings of an Army Wife :)

That sounds a lot like our date nights are. My husband is in boot camp right now so we don't have any recent dates :) But when we do do date night it's almost just like that. We put the baby in bed and have a nice dinner, movie, desert, and "adult time" lol. Every once in a while we actually go out to the movies, but RARELY is it dinner and a movie.

~Sarah
http://confessionsofasailorswife.blogspot.com/

Mr O said...

I was curious to see what you thought of the movie. We must discuss.

Jeanette said...

I still need to watch that movie! I'm intrigued!

Jenn said...

Ohh I want to be part of your date nights! well, kinda sorta... but it still sounds fun :-)