Thursday, September 24, 2009

It's only half past the point of oblivion

Have I ever told you all how much I love loved Blender; The magazine?

I had a subscription to it for the longest time, and I always looked forward to new issues. It was like giving a kid some candy. Or giving a drug addict some heroin. Anyways..
A while back, they 'went under', so to speak. I guess they just didn't have the funds to make it through this whole recession thing, so they had to stop producing the magazine.
This really, really bothered me. I went through a mini-battle of depression about it, but like all things, I eventually got over it.

A few weeks ago, I went to Nanny's and saw that she had a Maxim magazine laying on the coffee table. For a second I just stood there shocked, wondering if I should say something or if I should just keep my mouth shut, but my curiosity got the best of me.

Me: Nanny, why do you have a Maxim?
Nanny: Oh, it came here for you.
[Long Pause/WTF? moment]
I pick up the magazine, and sure enough my name is on the front cover where the address goes. But there was also a note from the company saying that since I still had almost a full subscription of Blender left, they would just fill it with Maxim, because they are owned by the same company. Well, obviously I'M not interested in seeing naked girls and learning about man things, so I decided I would take it to Aaron. I mean, I've already paid for it, right.
Nanny: You don't need to look at it. You don't even need to tell Aaron about it. It has stuff about sex in there. Just throw it away.

--------------------------------------------------
Aaron and I made banana bread last night.
It's delicious....see:



If you want the recipe just let me know and I will post it [or email it to you]

4 comments:

for the love of pictures said...

I love banana bread. I say post the recipe, please :)

I love how magazine companies take it upon themselves to determine what magazines you'll like. Why send not send you a refund or, at least, actually ask you which replacement magazine you would like.

Bluebelle said...

Oh my gosh I love your nanny's comment - "It has stuff about sex in there"!

Lisa Anne said...

The banana bread looks so good. I bet it even tastes better. My BF gets the Maxim magazine. Than again I think he also gets playboy, for the articles of course. lol

Jessy said...

Um, I think a recipe is required here. Looks so YUMMY! ;)