Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I need to keep you like this in my mind

Stress is beginning to pile on my back as this semester comes to a close.
Instead of doing the 'smart' thing, and getting caught up on homework and projects, I decided to bake. Cooking & baking are my favorite forms of stress release.

I wanted to share with you all the recipe I used for the home made chocolate chip cookies I made last night. This recipe is simple, and these cookies taste WAY better than store bought.


{Yields abt 20 medium cookies}
• 3/4 cup sugar
• 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
• 1 cup butter, softened
• 2 large eggs,beaten
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 3/4 teaspoon salt
• 1 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix sugar, brown sugar, butter, vanilla and eggs in a large bowl by hand. Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt. The dough will be very stiff. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans if desired.

Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown. [I had to bake mine about 13-15 minutes. Maybe my oven is just weird?]

The centers will be soft. Let cool completely then remove from cookie sheet.

1 comment:

Cassie said...

come home and make me some :)