Monday, April 16, 2012

My answer

People keep asking me when I'm going to have another child. As if I'm waiting too long.
Adelei is only 9 1/2 months old, People.
The truth is, I do want another child...just not now.
Maybe once Adelei is sleeping through the night, or maybe not until she's potty trained.
Maybe not even until she starts pre-k.
The truth is, although I want another baby in the future, I want to spend plenty of time and attention on the one I already have.
I want to enjoy and savor our time together, and not rush into anything else before I am ready.
So that's my answer.
I can't give you a date or a time.
I can't promise to make it happen in a year
or five years.
All I can say is that it will happen again when I am ready.

1 comment:

Sara Strand said...

Oh man, Olivia was just turning two when I got pregnant for Jackson and it was PERFECT timing. Seriously. She was potty trained by the time he was born, so that was nice on the diaper budget. ;) And at 2 1/2 she was the cutest big sister ever. She was able to kind of help me with stuff and was a little more independent/easily entertained. Plus, I felt like I got a good stretch of time with just her and then everything after has been nice too. Even now, when they are 6 and 4, they still play together but are still separate, if that makes sense? :)