Friday, April 13, 2012

I Cannot Lie...

When I first found out that we would be moving to Oklahoma in May, I was upset and nervous.
I already had plans.
Adelei's first birthday party
Working until October to save up more money
Going to my nephew's 4th birthday party
Going to my niece's 1st birthday party
You know, family stuff.

But when I read: "You will be living off post", I panicked.
I have been living in a fantasy land. I thought everyone could live on post if they wanted. Boy was I wrong.
So I got my tail into gear and started researching housing areas.
I found some good ones, and some not-so-good ones.
It just so happens that, the ones in our price range, were in questionable areas.
My heart sank.
We wanted a house.
But I carried on with our search because living in a hotel until we could find a place was not an option in my mind.
After two days of researching, I found a property full of townhouses.
I contacted the leasing office for more information, and was elated. It's in a nice neighborhood. Close to base. Close to a Hobby Lobby [haha!]
We could get a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom townhouse for less than what we will be getting for BAH, which means we could use what was left over to pay utilities.
*whew* After 'finding' a place, we still had to apply, put down a deposit, pass a background and credit check.
Luckily, everything fell into place seamlessly.
To say that securing a home for ourselves lifted a lot of stress is an understatement.
It wasn't until all of this happened, that I started to get excited about moving.
Now, when people ask me how I feel, I'm not bitter.
Yes, it will be hard moving 16 hours away from my family, but I knew this was coming.
At this point in my life, I think it's time for us to go. To travel. To be on our own. To depend on each other more than we do our family.
& I'm excited to tell you all about it along the way!

1 comment:

erika said...

I'm glad things worked out with the housing! I have to say, part of me wishes we were going active too.