Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Hard Part

The hardest part about leaving 'home' is leaving my Nanny.

She raised me from the age of 4. She did everything she could to make sure that my sister and I had a good life. She sent me to college. She has always supported any decision I made, even if it wasn't necessarily a good one. She's been by my side through every major event in my life.
Even though I've only lived an hour away for the past 3 years, we've talked on the phone twice a day, every day. Before I graduated college and basically moved back in with her so I'd be closer to work, I'd come home to visit every other weekend. The longest I've ever gone without seeing her was the two weeks she stayed with my sister this past summer.

She is the strongest, most kind hearted, honest, and loving person I've ever had the pleasure to be around [I may be a little biased.]
& To say I'm going to miss her is an understatement.

2 comments:

erika said...

:( That's really tough. I'm glad you had someone so great in your life, though. Keep those phone calls going!

Lin said...

Aw, that sucks. At least you'll still have your telephone conversations :)