Monday, May 10, 2010

I'm always gonna wanna blow your mind

I've done it.

I can't even begin to describe to you guys how amazing I feel right now.
Remember these?
They were amazing. Chocolate + Cherry is my all time favorite flavor combination.

This recipe came to me in a dream. No, it really did. I guess I'm a real fat kid now.

I am going to call it Chocolate Cherry Fantasy Pie.
And, because I love you guys, I will divulge my recipe that I just perfected today.


1 box brownie mix [I used Betty Crocker's original supreme]
+ eggs, oil, water according to package
1 8 oz package cream cheese [room temp]
1 8 oz container whipped cream
1 cup powdered sugar
+ more for decoration
1 14 oz can cherry pie filling
1 tsp vanilla flavoring

Prepare brownie mix according to package. IF you want, you can use the pie pans with crust in them already. I am not a big fan of those, so I just opted to use a glass pie pan with NO crust. For thicker brownies, use entire package in one pie pan, for thinner brownies, spread into 2 pie pans. I used a 9" pie pan, filled HALF full with the brownie mix, and then baked the rest in a smaller corning ware so I could give it to a friend. Bake brownies for 35-40 minutes.

While you're waiting for the brownies to bake, strain your cherries.

You want to keep both the cherries AND the filling, but you need at least 1/2 cup of the filling [with no whole cherries] to add into the cream cheese.


Wait until you've pulled your brownies out to cool before you begin your cream cheese mixture. You want it to stay kind of cool.

Add cream cheese, vanilla, cherry filling [not the cherries, though!] and powdered sugar into a large bowl and mix. Once all of the ingredients have been blended together, add the whipped cream and fold in. At this point, your brownies should be cooled enough to put the mixture on top. Smooth mixture around to create a nice surface.

Last but not least, add your whole cherries on top and dust with powdered sugar. For an added touch, add chocolate chips, too! This pie tastes best after being refrigerated for an hour or more.


5 comments:

Jenn said...

This looks absolutely fan-freakin' tastic!!!

I might just have to make it someday. Like sooner rather than later!

Cassie said...

You're gonna have to make that for me when I come home!

Sara Strand said...

You really ARE the bee's vag! That looks divine sweet cheeks. :)

Jeanette said...

Ummmm... can I get one of THOSE in the mail hahahah

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

YUM! That looks AMAZING!