Monday, May 17, 2010

I have a serious problem


Thanks to my dear ol' friend, Matt for re-introducing me to Netflix, I can't stop watching Weeds.
No, seriously....In less than 24 hours I have watched TWO FULL seasons of that show, and am now starting on my third. It's addicting.

Also, thanks to my job for not scheduling me to work until Wednesday, because now....I am taking way too many breaks to watch this show while I'm trying to finish organizing my house.

I've heard about this show for quite some time, but since we only get basic cable at our house, I have never seen it. But, I saw 5 seasons worth of it on netflix, and obviously couldn't help myself. Mary Louise Parker has been one of my fav's since she played Ruth Jamison in Fried Green Tomatoes. This show is fresh. As far as I know, there hasn't been anything like it...and I watch A LOT of t.v.

Anyways, if you have showtime, netflix, or any kind of access to renting dvds, I would suggest you watch this. I mean, if obscene language, nudity, and drug paraphernalia do not offend you.

8 comments:

Sara Strand said...

OMG- I have put off starting this show because I would love it. I mean my mom didn't sell but my parents are absolute stoners and I love it. Because they think my bro and I don't know. *hilarious* AND I remember as a kid going to houses and having to sit in the car while they "visit their friend" who we'd never see again. Riiight. Even at age 7 I knew what was what.

Anyways. I know I have to jump in and do it...but it has to be when I can procure all of the seasons at once and hand my kids off to someone for 48 hours. And I will have had to go grocery shopping ahead of time. And maybe use a potty seat. I'm not sure.

Mr O said...

I welcome you with open arms. You know this means we can watch some movies together, right? Even Weeds I think is something we could have watched together

Lin said...

I've been watching this show since the beginning. Actually, I only got cable TV for this show...it's definitely one of my all time faves

Lisa Anne said...

I love that show. I'm pissed because It hasn't been on in a while and I need to know what happens. Do you know if they are going to have a new season?

Danielle said...

I LOVE THIS SHOW!! I haven't watched in a few seasons, but I'm waiting until I have some time to rent the rest of the seasons! It's a great show! Enjoy! I'm super jealous that you get to enjoy this! :)

Lisa Anne said...

Guess What, I found out the new season starts in August! I totally can't wait especially how they left it off last year. I feel like it's been forever!!

Jaime Hungry said...

I watched the first few seasons when it first came out and then I got behind. I have all the seasons on demand on my TV and really want to start watching it, but I just know I don't have the time for another addiction.

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Um yeah... Netflix is awesome and evil.

I am on season 3 of Bones and I just started watching the first season on Monday. That is SICK!