Sunday, January 17, 2010

It's time to pamper yourselves

One of my good friends is a Pampered Chef representative. She recently shared a few recipes with me, and I am here to share them with you.

I tried both of them out today, and they did NOT disappoint.

Banana & Cream Cheese Crepes

They took close to an hour to make, from making the batter, making the cream, making the chocolate sauce, and then actually assembling them, but it was SO SO SO worth it.
HERE is the recipe.
I cut the recipe down by half. It was still a little too much for just Aaron and I.
It says to use fresh oranges....I just used 100% pure orange juice.
Also, it says to use chocolate syrup, but I made my own.

1 tbsp butter
1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
splash of milk
1 tbsp marshmallow fluff [optional]

In a small sauce pan, on low heat, add butter. Wait until it melts to add the choc. chips. Add the milk and stir constantly. You do not want the chocolate to scorch. If the mixture seems too liquid, add more chocolate chips, if it seems too thick, add a little more milk. Take off of the heat and add marshmallow fluff. Drizzle on crepes right before serving.

Ham & Cheese Calzones

The first time I had these was at my friend's baby shower. They were really good, and seemed really simple to make. The only thing I had an issue with was the pizza dough. Usually I make my own, but I wanted to go exactly by the recipe, so I bought the pre-made refrigerated kind. It didn't really cooperate. Maybe I'm just nuts, but when I got it out of the container, it wasn't a full piece, it was cut. Anyways, I learned my lesson, and will make my own next time so I can control it.
HERE is the recipe.
I know that it doesn't look like your typical calzone, but it definitely tastes like it.
If you [or your kids] don't like vegetables, this is a good way to 'sneak' them in. If you love vegetables, you will definitely love this.

So take a day and pamper yourself with good food!
You deserve it!

4 comments:

Mr O said...

I saw where Aaron said something about his own personal chef and I got slightly jealous.

Is there any way I get that cupcake thingy we got at the wedding cuz those were AWESOME!

Cassie said...

You are KILLING ME.

Jeanette said...

I REALLY want that crepe... right now... in my belly.

Leah said...

umm so i'm definitely going to try that crepe recipe. you're tempting me with the pictures!! haha they look so good.