Thursday, November 5, 2009

Please Pray

My Nanny is having knee replacement surgery tomorrow.

She has been complaining for a long time about her leg hurting, but her doctor kept telling her it was arthritis.

Finally, she got a second opinion, and it definitely wasn't arthritis. Basically, her knee cap is deteriorating. She was like, 'Jamie, You should see the drawing the doctor made me of my knee cap, it sure does look crazy.'

So, here we go. I've been praying pretty much every 5 minutes, and I have to remind myself not to cry when I'm in public.

I'm not so much worried about the actual surgery, I'm worried about the anesthesia. I've heard it really takes a toll on people with heart conditions, and well, it freaks me out.

If you believe in prayer, please say one for my Nanny tonight. I am trying my hardest to stay positive. I can't even begin to imagine what I might do if something goes wrong, so please keep your fingers crossed.



2 comments:

Jeanette said...

Fingers crossed, in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you!

My mom had hip replacement a couple years ago. She was misdiagnosed too.

She had no cartilidge left whatsoever.