Friday, September 6, 2013

The Green Monster, PB2 style

It's time to revisit the green monster again. 
I recently discovered PB2, all of the peanut butter taste--85% less fat calories. Whhhhhhat! Sign me up. 
I was a little hesitant, but decided to try it anyways. It comes in powdered form [to be mixed as needed] and TWO tablespoons is just 45 calories. Compare that to 190 in most other brands. Plus it comes in chocolate. I digress...

Here's a modified version of my beloved smoothie:
1 sliced banana, frozen 100 cal
2 tbsp PB2 45 cal
1 cup almond milk 80 cal
1/4 cup nonfat greek yogurt 55 cal
1 cup fresh spinach 13 cal
4 ice cubes 0 cal

Throw everything in a blender & blend until smooth. A refreshing, delicious breakfast for just 293 calories!
Find original recipes here & here.

No comments: