Monday, August 13, 2012

Easy Chicken Salad

I've found that if I have my lunch planned out [or even made!] for the week, I am less likely to eat a bunch of junk. One of my go to lunch recipes is this easy chicken salad!
Ingredients:

 2 Cans chunk chicken [drained]
1/2 bag craisins
1/2 bag glazed walnut pieces
Mayo

In a large bowl, add chicken. Use a fork to shred chicken before adding other ingredients. Add craisins and walnuts. I start out by adding 1/4 cup of mayo. I love mayo, so I always end up adding more, but this is a good starting point. You want it to be moist, but not drenched. Pair it with bread for a sandwich, or with lettuce & crackers for a healthier alternative! It's ready to eat as soon as you make it, or you can let it sit in the refrigerator over night to let the flavors merry.


The best part of this recipe [other than being so simple & delicious] is that you can easily adjust the proportions depending on your preferences. Don't like cranberries? Add raisins or apple chunks. Don't like walnuts? Add pecans or almond slivers.

Another perk of this recipe...you get 5-6 lunches out of this for just $5.08 *
Here's the breakdown:
2 Cans of Chicken $1.59 each
Bag of Craisins $1.29 [.65 cent for amt used in this recipe]
Bag of Glazed Walnuts $2.49 [$1.25 for amt used in this recipe]
*I didn't add mayo into the price bc that is an ingredient most people have on hand.

There you have it. 
Cheap, easy, delicious. Can't beat that! 
Enjoy!

1 comment:

erika said...

This sounds really good, and I'm not even a huge chicken salad fan. I've been pinning all your blog posts lately because there are so many good recipes!! :)