Sunday, April 18, 2010

Yummm :)

For a while, I was doing so good...planning my meals every week and actually STICKING to my plan.

And then I kind of fell off the bandwagon.
Last week we ate out FOUR times. Not cool. Ugh.
I've been so stressed with school, I didn't even want to [didn't really have time to] think about cooking, but at this point I'm tired of going out to eat.

I figured if I got back on track making out a meal plan, maybe I wouldn't feel so overwhelmed when dinner time comes along.

So, Here we go.
This week we are having:

Sun: Indian Spiced Chicken pitas w Tzatziki sauce & Hummus Dip
Mon: Country Style Ribs w Spiced Maple Apple Grill Sauce w Mac n Cheese & Cornbread
Tues: Orange Chicken with Garlic Soba Noodles
Weds: Braised Paprika Chicken w Rice
Thurs: French Dip Sandwiches

I'm also looking for new recipes, so if you have any that you absolutely love to make [or that are easy] send them my way! Thanks.


5 comments:

Sara Strand said...

You know what- don't beat yourself up about it. Everybody falls off the wagon and I know myself, I prefer to be dragged from it than sit in with the skinny bitches. ;) BUT...I have found that planning my meals by the month is a lot easier. I am going to start working on my May calendar this week probably and when I do I will definitely share it.

Have you subscribed to the Kraft Foods magazine? It's not every month, but they are AWESOME and I get most of my stuff from there. I use their website because you can enter what ingredients you have and they will show you things you can make. The magazine is like under $12 for the year and it is worth it. I have my magazines for the last 3 years or so. In fact....I'm going to type up the ones I like the best anyways and was just going to recycle them, but I'll mail them to ya! They have super good recipes that are healthy, fast, and inexpensive. :)

Jeanette said...

The most planning I put into meals is which variety of Lean Cuisine to throw in the microwave haha

But I'm with you on the stress.. only a few more weeks!

Cassie said...

I know how you feel, I haven't really been making dinner other than frozen pizzas and chicken fingers LOL. I want the recipe for the Indian Spiced Chicken pitas w Tzatziki sauce & Hummus Dip. pretty please.

Lin said...

Well you might have eaten out 4 times but at least you're trying to get back on the bandwagon. I on the other hand suck because I'm not even trying. I'm just lazy I guess. Sure enough, I'll be crying about the 10 lbs I gain form all the Jack in the Box later, lol.

Anonymous said...

you have an award on my blog. I agree that planning by the month is easier. Also, try freezer cooking extra meals so you have some for days you are super busy. Great way to avoid takeout.