Friday, October 30, 2009

Take a breath

The past two days have been full of experience and insight.

I was inspired not only as a teacher, but as an artist.

For those of you who are just tuning in, Me and a few of my peers had the opportunity to teach an art project to 4th, 5th, and 6th graders at Gordo Elementary School. Each of us dealt with about 72 students each [not at the same time, thankfully], and were fully responsible for teaching these students how to make pinch pots.

I will not lie. It was completely exhausting, both mentally and physically. But, it was absolutely worth it. Not only for all of the experience that we got, but also for the kids. They loved it! They [for the most part] were well behaved, and I fell in love with their personalities. They were so sweet and full of life.

After we got done teaching, we went on a tour of the town. I met Glenn House, a famous book artist/clay enthusiast, his wife Kathy, who does beautifully hand colored photographs, and they were kind enough to take us through their museum and studio space. They also introduced us to Amos Kennedy who gave me these posters he made:





This is the kind of town I want to live in. One where the whole city supports the arts, and actually welcomes new artist, because they believe that it enriches life.
I have plenty of pictures to post, but for now, I am far too tired.
Hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments: