Thursday, July 16, 2009

Patience is a Virtue

On Monday I recieved a letter in the mail from the financial aid department at my school. They let me know that I did, indeed, receive a grant this year. That, I was happy about. I read on to find out that I am getting almost a thousand dollars less this year than I got last year, which really freaked me out. I instantly began stressing. I have so much on my plate already, it's hard even thinking about trying to come up with more money to pay for school. I've never taken out a loan before, and have done everything I had to in order to not incur debt while in college. Nanny offered to give me a monthly 'allowance' to help with the $1000 that I'd be missing from the grant. I hate asking her for money, but I didn't have to ask, she just offered. I couldn't really refuse at the time, I didn't know of any other offers. Until today. I got a letter in the mail from my school. I let out a huge sigh before I opened it, because I was sure it was going to be the bill for the tuition. BUT IT WASN'T. It was a letter offering me a scholarship from the art & design program. And guess for how much? That's right...$1000! Crazy, huh? But I am very blessed for this to come my way, and now I can stop stressing so much! Good things truly do come to those who wait :)

4 comments:

Jeanette said...

Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Congrats that's so awesome!
I have a new url for my blog, http://jaimehungry.blogspot.com please re-follow...or whatev b/c I think the link will be lost now. Thanks!

Emma @ Outmumbered said...

congratulations! what a massive stress off your shoulders! :)

the girl with the pink teacup said...

It's weird how those things end up balancing out in the end, isn't it? Glad you don't have to worry too much about the financial side of things for now - it's the last thing you need while you're studying!