Sunday, May 1, 2011

Just this once

Yesterday Aaron and I made our way downtown to TroyFest. It's a little arts and crafts festival that they have here every year. I love looking at all the interesting artwork and hand made furniture that the vendors bring. Yesterday I was obsessing over these beautifully crafted pastel colored bird houses, but there were none in my price range, so we moved on.
I bought Adelei a pair of bloomers with our school Mascot's logo embroidered on them, but other than that, we just bought food :)

I absolutely LOVE street food, and I'd be lying if I said that wasn't the main reason that I wanted to go. There were SO many choices. Too many choices, really, for my indecisive husband and I to choose from. We got the classic chili dog with fries, and quickly realized that although it was really good, we wished we would have gotten something else. Not long after we ate our lunch, Aaron decided it would practically be a sin to go to a festival and not get a funnel cake. And so we did. Only while we were in line for a funnel cake we saw that they ALSO sold deep fried oreos.
Folks, if you've never tried a deep fried oreo, you are seriously missing out. Heaven in your mouth. This is not a lie.
We didn't even finish it all before I felt like I was going into a sugar coma [I know, not good for the baby, but I just couldn't help it!] However, I kept seeing people walking around with Italian Ice. Not that crappy blended ice stuff, but the real, gourmet looking kind. I just couldn't do it. I wanted it so bad, though. We quickly decided that we would have to go back on Sunday to get lunch, and satisfy once and for all our street food fix until next year.
So that's exactly what we did today.
We headed back downtown for lunch and ended up getting the best grilled chicken [on a stick] that I have ever tasted in my entire life, ribbon fries, and of course...Italian Ice.
I chose the Blue Raspberry flavor and it was so delicious that it made me sad to eat the last bite.
Yes, I am a food-a-holic.

3 comments:

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Mmm ribbon fries and Italian ice. Yummy!

Sara Strand said...

That baby needs to know what good food is... so consider it early education. :)

erika said...

Mmm, deep fried oreos rock!