Monday, March 14, 2011

Apparently I'm glowing

This past Saturday was my baby shower.
I was really scared that no one was going to show up because only like 4 people [out of 75] RSVP'd.
But I was wrong...and slightly overwhelmed!
A ton of people showed up! It was so exciting.
I got to see friends that I haven't seen in a looong time, and some that I see pretty regularly.
I got a lot of advice, heard some pretty funny stories, got asked a million times how to pronounce her name, and was asked several times 'are you sure you're ready for this?'
Yes, I'm ready.
We are so blessed to have so many people that care about us and want to be a part of our child's life. She got so many gifts! Mostly clothes, a few toys, a bath tub, lots of towels and wash cloths, a gazillion blankets, a few bibs, a car seat/stroller combo, and lots of other odds and ends.
Aaron and I even got a gift....
The Flip SlideHD so we can capture all her cute moments.

Other than the gifts, it was all about the food. We had SO much food it was ridiculous, but I was happy there was [more than] enough for everyone. From roast beef sandwiches and tuna sandwiches, to rotel dip with all kinds of different chips, to....THE cake.
My...father in law's girlfriend or fiance or whatever had it specially made.
Not only was it cute as could be, it was SO delicious.
It's a good thing we had left overs, because just thinking about it makes me want a piece right now!

5 comments:

Katie said...

Congrats on everything! The cake looks amazing! Glad you had a good time.

Lin said...

Congrats on all the gifts! I love your cake :)

erika said...

Awesome! That cake is making me hungry!

Sara Strand said...

SQUEE! First off, annoyed this post didn't show up in my reader. Damn you, Google. Second off, I am really glad you had a great shower. I'm hoping to finish your gift soon. At least part one. ;)

Cassie said...

What?? Who got you the Flip camera? I'm jealous!