Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Wedding Day

12/12/09
a day I'll never forget!

It was so great, although not flawless, everything seemed to work its self out.
As I mentioned here, my dad walked me down the aisle.
This was kind of a shock to me. I was totally not expecting it.

The wednesday prior to the wedding, Nanny told me that she asked my dad to walk me down the aisle and he ACTUALLY said yes. I did know whether to be happy, sad, or mad. She asked him without asking me if it's what I wanted--I should have been mad. But, he said yes, which was surprising, so I didn't want to call him back and refuse, I just went with the flow.

He actually showed up sober. I can't remember the last time I saw him that way, and at that point I knew I didn't make a mistake.



The ceremony seemed to go by so quickly. I didn't trip over my dress OR stumble over the words for the vows.....and I never shed a tear.

The reception was amazing. So many people came, and there was so much food! Mine and Aaron's favorite local restaurant catered [bbq], and it was delicious! I didn't eat much because I was ready to get up and socialize.
Too many people asked me if I felt any different now, and to be honest.......I don't....and I'm okay with that.

Did I mention how amazing my cake was?


And the groom's cake, too!

As if that wasn't enough sugar, we also had a candy bar :)


I am so blessed to have such good friends and family that support Aaron and I. Here are just a few:

Later that night, we decided to celebrate with our friends at a local bar.
Although there wasn't a very big turn out, it was fun.


After all the fun [and stress] of the wedding, we were ready to leave town for a while!

4 comments:

Jeanette said...

I'll say it one last time haha the wedding looked great! And you looked b-e-a-utiful!

Mr O said...

*It was kinda cool that your dad did that. I was like "who is that" when I first saw him

*Aaron's cake was good considering I can say that because it is still currently in our fridge

*For the last pic, you should have put the one where Aaron was eating your head. Classic.

Bluebelle said...

Those cakes look wonderful, they're great! And you look lovely of course! Congratulations. :)

Miss Yvonne said...

You looked gorgeous! And that cake...

Oh. My. Goodness.

yummmm....