Thursday, March 1, 2012

My 2 cents worth


Ever since I started bottle feeding Adelei, she has used Playtex Drop Ins. For months before she was born I did so much research on bottles [as crazy as that may sound] and I decided those were the best for us.

I liked them from the start because they were light weight and easy to clean. Adelei took to them right away. That was another plus.
I never even thought about getting her a different kind of bottle until last month when I bought her formula [similac] and it came with their new bottle.

She loved it! And even though it still held 8 oz, it was more compact/easier for her to hold than the 8 oz Drop In. At that point I looked in to getting her more.
And then I saw the price...
2 bottles for $14
That was an instant turn off, especially since I got my Drop Ins for $3 a piece.

As of today, I am so so glad I didn't waste my money on the similac bottles. It could be because they are a new design, or maybe they're cheaply made? But after my very active 8 month old dropped it, it cracked all up one side and completely through the bottom. Formula was everywhere! I can't tell you how many times she drops her other bottles [even from the shopping cart!] and not so much as a small crack.

Lesson learned: just because something costs more doesn't always mean it's better quality!

No comments: