Saturday, June 14, 2014

Stretching

I'm heading into my 23rd week of pregnancy. This morning while getting ready, I looked in the mirror and noticed stretch marks.

The funny thing is, after staring for a few seconds to make sure that's what it really was, I went on about my business & got dressed. 

It didn't bother me. At all. I remember when I was pregnant with Adelei, my stretch marks didn't come until the very end. Maybe the last 2 weeks or so. And I was devastated! I cried, and pouted, and researched ways to make them go away. Long after Adelei was born, they were still there. They simply went from purple to white. 

It wasn't until I started losing weight last year and using coconut oil that they started to disappear. 

Is it just because I'm growing up? Or because I'm less concerned with my appearance? Or because I know what to expect?  I don't know. But what I do know is that I'm proud of myself. I've earned these stripes.

No comments: