Saturday, August 20, 2011

Put some SPICE in your life

All during my pregnancy, I craved anything & everything spicy.
I couldn't get enough.
While most of my cravings subsided since I had the baby, this one did not.

The newest way to get my fix?
Jalapeno Popper Dip.

Ingredients:
8 oz pkg cream cheese, room temp
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1/4 tsp garlic powder
4 bacon strips, cooked & chopped [OR you could use bacon bits!]
1/4 cup canned green chiles
2 fresh jalapenos, chopped & w/o seeds
Fresh Parmesan Cheese to top [optional]
Salt & pepper to taste

Directions:
Mix all ingredients together thoroughly [make sure there is NO lumps in cream cheese!] in large bowl. Spray baking dish, scoop all ingredients into dish, top with parm. cheese, & bake at 375 for 30 minutes. Serve with crackers or tortilla chips.

*I used chicken flavored crackers & it was AMAZING! It's cheap & very easy to make. Seriously, try it & let me know what you think.

No comments: