Sunday, December 26, 2010

Not to be all Bah Humbug, but...

I'm glad Christmas is over this year.
I love my family, food, and all the presents that I got.
Don't get me wrong, I don't want to sound ungrateful, but it's such a stressful time.

Thursday, they were so slow at work, that they told me to not even come in. So Aaron and I battled last minute Christmas shoppers [not to buy stuff that we forgot, but to buy stuff that my Aunt needed]. It was kind of annoying having to circle parking lots 20 minutes just to find a spot, and waiting in line for 30 minutes just to buy one thing, but we had fun spending time just enjoying each other company.

Friday, I had to work for a few hours. After that we spent Christmas Eve at Nanny's eating lots of good food and opening a ton of presents.

Saturday, we headed to Aaron's Mom's house. Instead of doing a big lunch like we usually do, we decided just to do appetizers. It was a great success. I made hot spinach and artichoke dip, chicken salad sandwiches, and a chocolate cream cheese ball [that is to DIE for!]. After we ate, we opened presents watched The Christmas Story, and then headed back to our house.

It was nice getting to spend time with everyone, but I'm glad we're back to our every day life. No more stressing about presents and food, and what if so-n-so shows up.

And no, I have no pictures to share with you. I forgot my camera [go me] so I have no pictures of my own.
Hope ya'll all had a semi-stress free/drama free holiday!

4 comments:

Sara Strand said...

I hear you. Here's a piece of advice I wish I gave to myself: when you have the baby?? Make people come to you. I swear to you that running with kids? IS HORRIBLE. Start off how you intend to finish and please for your future sanity... make people come to you. We go wherever people are and EVERY YEAR it means Matt and I yelling at each other, kids crying, kids getting way too much sugar and then having meltdowns, and then us having to haul so much crap back/forth. Don't do it friend. Don't do it. (Unless you plan on being an alcoholic- then I'm sure it'd be fine.)

Lin said...

I'm glad it's all over too. The holidays are stressful & I'm ready for some stress free times. Glad you had a good time :)

LB said...

Don't worry, we all feel that way a little bit. It's only normal. : )

Katie said...

Mmm a chocolate cream cheese ball sounds DELISH! Sounds like you had a wonderful holiday. And, happy New Years!