Monday, May 7, 2012

Landlord Drama

Today we got a note on our door from our Landlord stating that they will be entering our unit on Thursday to do inspections and for us to have our apartment thoroughly cleaned and free of clutter to make it easier on them.

I stared at the note for several seconds, reread it, and laughed.

One more thing to stress over? I think not.
We are moving in two weeks. Boxes everywhere.
Our movers aren't coming until NEXT Friday.
Did I mention that we have a graduation AND birthday party to prepare for? 
Decorations & Cupcake stands everywhere.

What I can't understand is why they would be inspecting our apartment BEFORE we move out.
Isn't that something they do afterward to assess what needs to be done before the new renters move in?
I mean, surely they will have to do it again once we leave, so why do it twice?
Am I thinking way too far into this?
Probably so.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I agree! Why would they inconvenience you before you move out, when you're moving out in less than two weeks!!!

erika said...

That's just strange!